Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 6


Ok so I have been having trouble writing in the Blog just got home today Sunday 6 p.m. in Bogota. The past two days (The whole weekend) I have been in an ACLS that’s Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support course and exam. It was hard, but I A’s it. So in the middle of a terrible clerkship comes a hard, and long, exam, plus I have to hand in the first draft of my thesis this Friday. I’m really stressed about that.

I’ve been talking to my fellow medical students about the program and everyone has something to say, it’s kind of annoying. I had a very nerdy friend who started to say something like –“studies have shown that fruit………..” Oh just shut up and do the program yourself instead of telling me about what studies have shown.

I feel am eating like a bird, I’m not eating half but about a third of what I usually eat but I’m feeling great and not feeling hungry at all. My strategy has been trying to eat at least 6 teams a day very small portions. One night just out of curiosity I weighted a piece of meat that I was going to east 60 g. Usually I eat around 200.

Feeling great and enjoying doing all exercise and this week I have to replace eating food for eating books.

4 comments:

  1. Go back to your med school friends with results and let them puzzle out what has happened. Here we go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be interesting to watch --- pretty soon your medical friends will be asking what you're doing again....you watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, will start to quote studies at you. In the end, they will have an answer in your results. Stay strong, focused and don't listen to the contrary voices, either inside or outside your head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Camilo, for lack of a better come back, studies have shown most people lead unhealthy lifestyles in the Western world. One of the coolest things about the program is that, despite a low day every once in a while, energy levels tend to go up and stay up. After a few days into the PCP I started to notice how doing my work became easier as I was more focused and less tired. Good luck with the first draft of the thesis. You're doing great man!

    ReplyDelete