Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 22


I was completely disconnected from the Internet since last Friday. We had a long weekend since Monday was holiday here in Colombia. My girlfriend’s family invited us to spend the weekend at a pool-house a few km away from Bogotá. It was great. We had an amazing time. However, PCP diet is extremely tough in a trip like this. While everyone was eating the delicious hand food filled with salt and oil they served all day long at the pool, having them with a heavenly icy cold beer I was having a plate of papaya or pineapple with a glass of water. It was hard, I have to confess the twice during the four days I was away I had a huge glass of whiskey filled with 19/20 part of water and 1 of liquor. Gave me the feeling I had a glass of alcohol to toast and share with all the family. Also on several occasions I had to have food with salt, it is hard enough that it was bathing suits, swimming pool, sun, and coconut trees all around then you have to add the component of being invited … you all understand.

In the long run I think it was OK. I managed to do all exercise, replaced jumping for swimming on Monday, ate almost perfectly almost every single time and had a great time. Looking back to the trip I realized that everyone with a few kilograms to spare where really jealous of me. Now back to real life.       

1 comment:

  1. Those tasty meals will be waiting for you in a few months, just give this new style of eating a chance and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete