Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 36


Yet another week has passed and time seems to be flying. This past week was in one word complicated.

I’ll start with school, for the next two week of my ob-gyn clerkship I will be on the delivery room of a public hospital in Bogota, yesterday first day, and lucky me, first night on-call (now I know I don’t like it) it was terrible, I felt horrible, at one point during the night there were 5 very young 17 to 21 year old women in labor yelling and screaming at nurses who where not very nice at them. The attending didn’t show up and the resident and the intern had tons and tons of work to do so they left me and a fellow med student on our first day with all those women and no clue. We did our best; I received three of them, two girls and one boy, all healthy newborns.

One the other hand exercise are really complicated when you star your day at 6 in the morning at rounds and finish it at 8:30 am the next day after rounds…. I slept almost all the afternoon today.  It would be like this once a week so I really have to be very organized. Yesterday I went blank on my jump rope because there was literally no 10 minutes to spare. I just finished my routine today and it’s getting tougher. Doing great with the rope series of 400-500 finishing in about 12 minutes with the 1400. But bicycle and plank… suffered them.

As I wrote last week I was waiting on my girlfriend to get better from the flu to have my indulgence with her. Things were complicated at the end of the week cause I had the ob-gyn theoretical exam on Friday and she had to study for exams both on Friday and during the weekend. To make the story short we were invited to my brother’s place one Saturday where I decided that my indulgence should be four hot BBQ chicken wings (I absolutely love them) and what happened … I felt sick all Sunday almost couldn’t do the exercise.

Well that about it for this week trying to go to bet early as I have to be at round in the hospital at 6 am. 

3 comments:

  1. Camilo, Youre doing really well - I'm impressed.

    I like the sets of jumprope at 400 - 500. I'm just up to 200! I'll work on it slowly.

    I have missed some exercise too due to working very long hours and travel. You just have to start again ASAP!

    If you leave it too long (like I did) it only hurts more!

    Peace

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep pushing through. Your doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly heroic effort man, with all of that going on. Do your best and don't forget sleep is training too!

    ReplyDelete